Free Evaluation

Commissioner of Oaths

Commissioning of oaths will be offered by appointment only.
Please book a consultation and someone will be in touch with you. Alternatively, you can use the form below.

Document Commissioning

A commissioner for taking affidavits (also known as commissioner of oaths) is not the same as a notary public. A commissioner has authority only to administer oaths and take affidavits. 

Please refer to the outline below for the commissioning process.


The fee for commissioning a document is $60 payable via debit/credit.

Commissioning Process

      • Appointments for Commissioner services are available 7 days a week, between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.

      • The person signing the affidavit must show government issued identification that contains a current photo and a signature, such as a valid driver’s licence. You are required to sign in the presence of the commissioner.

      • We will first review the document to determine if the document meets their specification. We reserve the right to refuse commissioning services of any document.

      • We can also commission virtually
Documents We CAN Commission

• Regional Business

• Appointment of Special Constable

• Affidavit for lost Outdoors Card

• Amendment to Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate

• Delayed statement of live birth

• Immunization Exemption forms

• Domestic and Foreign Pension documents (proof of life)

• Proof of residency (owner/tenant letters)

• Statutory Declaration of Apprenticeship hours

• Legal Name Change forms

• Statutory Declaration by a person for change of sex designation

• Canadian Citizenship Forms

• Statutory Declaration of Lost Identification (must include police report #)

• Sworn statement for the transfer of a used motor vehicle in the province of Ontario

• Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal – Affidavits

• Statutory Declaration for OSAP – Statement of Common-Law Status, Supporting Children

• Statutory Declaration of theft of a HST Cheque or Federal Cheque

• Affidavit of Unregistered Vehicle (boards, motorcycles, snowmobiles, trailers, etc…)

• Statutory Declaration for Motor Vehicle Deals Compensation Fund

Documents We CANNOT Commission

• Notary Public Documents

• Estate settlement documents, Wills/Cert- Of Appt. of Est. Trustee without Will

• Divorce, Separation, Marriage or Cohabitation Agreements

• Litigation Guardian Affidavit

• Power of Attorney

• Mining Claim Forms or Transfers for the Province

• Transferring of Un-Patented Mining Claims

• Exposure Device Operator

• Custody Documents

• Documents involving debts – Bankruptcy

• Real Estate related documents

• Court, Legal or Civil Issue related documents

• Declaration of Claimant and Indemnity (bank form re: estates) & replacement of shares

• Statutory Declaration of Progress payment Holdback Security Deposit

• Statement of Arrears

• Tender Documents

• Declaration of Translator

• Age of Majority or BYID Card Application

• Certified True Copies

• Ontario Mortgage Corporation documents

• Travel Affidavit

• Affidavit of a Lost Cheque 

Affidavits to be filed in court proceedings (e.g. Small Claims Court, Family Court or civil court) may be sworn before a court official authorized to take affidavits where the documents are to be filed. Often a fee is required.

More information about commissioner of oaths and notary public can be found on the Ministry of the Attorney General’s website.
If you have any questions, please contact us using any of the available channels.

Want to oath a document? Submit your details and we will get in touch with you.

Wan to Oath a document?

Our Education Partner

Don't have the money to fund your study abroad?

We can help you with the funding.
* No Collateral required

Yes! I want your service
No Thanks I don't need your service

TAKE A FREE Assessment

This will help us understand your eligibility and qualification for any of the Canadian Immigration Pathways, and help us provide you with personalized support.

Take a Free Assessment
No thanks I don't want to